Is this breakout a good trade for you?
Will INTU Properties turn, or will it continue to rise towards 90p (+12%)?
- Breakout above 77p to trade 80p (at time of writing).
- The ‘trend is your friend’.
- Will it continue towards Jun highs of 90p (+12%)
- Shares -34.9% from 2019 highs; +7.7% from 2019 lows; -29.8% year-to-date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading INTU – An Example
Let’s say the breakout appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue to . You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of INTU using a CFD, at the current price 80p (at time of writing). To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the INTU trend continues upwards to 90p highs (+12%). Your profit would be £1200, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. INTU breaks lower, falling 3% and it hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.