Great Portland Estates
Is this breakout a good trade for you?
Will Great Portland Estates turn, or will it continue to rise towards 798p?
- Breakout above 755p; Now trading 765p (at time of writing).
- Could they recover to prior highs of 798p?
- Shares -0.5% from 2019 highs; +18.3% from 2019 lows; +16.2% year-to-date
- UK property names have been strong of late on Brexit optimism
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Great Portland Estates – An Example
Let’s say the breakout appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue towards 798p. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Great Portland using a CFD, at the current price of 765p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the Great Portland trend continues to highs of 798p (+4.3%). Your profit would be £430, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 2% from the current price. Great Portland breaks lower, falling 2% and it hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £200.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.