Is this breakout a good trade for you?
Will Barclays turn, or will it continue to rise towards 170p (+7.6%)?
- Breakout above 155p; Shares +9% from lows
- Now trading 158p (at time of writing).
- Could they recover to April highs of 170p (+7.6%)?
- Shares -7.1% from 2019 highs; +8.8% from 2019 lows; +5.2% year-to-date.
- Source: Dow Jones, Bloomberg, FT, Company News, AlphaTerminal
Trading Barclays – An Example
Let’s say the breakout appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue towards 170p. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Barclays using a CFD, at the current price of 158p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the Barclays trend continues to highs of 170p (+7.6%). Your profit would be £760, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Barclays breaks lower, falling 3% and it hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.