The Weir PLC (WEIR.L) 27-03-20
The Weir PLC (WEIR.L) has fallen significantly from the highs of 1566.5p. Will the trend carry, or is this the chance to catch a bargain?
- Currently at 689.2p (at time of writing). A rally to the recent highs would be an increase of 127%.
- The Weir PLC (WEIR.L) is one of the biggest fallers in the period. It has not participated in the market ‘bounce’.
- Should this trend be respected, or are we about to see a big bounce?
- The market will over-react to bad news. Is it is down for good reason, or is this an over-reaction?
- Investors seeking a bargain should be mindful of underlying performance. Check our website and the company’s website for information on the stock.
- Shares -62% from 12-month highs; +-1% from 12 month lows.
26 Mar: Shore Capital has upgraded its rating on Weir Group (WEIR) to hold (from sell).
26 Mar: The Weir Group traded as anticipated in January and February, despite 3 sites in China being closed due to the covid-19 outbreak.
25 Mar: JP Morgan Cazenove reiterates its neutral rating on Weir Group (WEIR) and reduced the target price to 900p (from 1400p).
23 Mar: Deutsche Bank reiterates its buy rating on Weir Group (WEIR) and reduced the target price to 950p (from 1300p).
Source: Bloomberg, Reuters, Alpha Terminal, FT, DJ Newswires