A trading opportunity for you?
Will ITV continue falling, or will it rise again back to recent 154p highs?
- ITV shares have fallen over 20% since late November
- Currently trading 125p (at time of writing).
- Shares -31.8% from 2018 highs; +2.7% from 2018 lows; -24.2% year-to-date.
- 15 Nov: ITV says in talks with partners for subscription service
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading ITV – An Example
Let’s say you feel that the stock is a bargain and you think it could bounce back to recent highs of 154p. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of ITV using a CFD, at the current price of 125p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume ITV recovers back to 154p (+23.2%). Your profit would be £2320, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. ITV falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.