A range trading opportunity for you?
Will Renishaw break support, or will it rise back to 4900p range ceiling?
- 4015-4900p rising range since early Nov.
- Now trades 4144p (at time of writing)
- Will the pattern repeat itself, rising back to 4900p range ceiling?
- Shares -12.3% from 2019 highs; +7.4% from 2019 lows; -2.2% year to date
- 31 Jan: Precision measurement company said FY revenue will beat last year.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Renishaw – An Example
Let’s say you like the range, you think it’s heading back towards 4900p. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Renishaw using a CFD, at the current price of 4144p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume Renishaw rises to 4900p range ceiling (+18.2%). Your profit would be £1820, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Renishaw falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.