Legal & General
A range trading opportunity for you?
Will Legal & General break support, or will it rise back to 292p?
- 268-292p range since march, bounced off floor
- Now trades 273p (at time of writing)
- Will the pattern repeat itself, testing previous 292p ceiling?
- Shares -6.6% from 2019 highs; +20.9% from 2019 lows; +18.2% year-to-date.
- 24 Apr: Legal & General agrees pension risk transfer in Canada
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Legal & General – An Example
Let’s say you like the range, you think it’s heading back towards 292p again. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Legal & General using a CFD, at the current price of 273p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume Legal & General rises to 292p (+7%). Your profit would be £700, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Legal & General falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.