Time to get involved?
Gulf Keystone expects higher 2019 oil production after 2018 beat forecasts
- The chart shows the Gulf Keystone share price movements since September.
- The current share price is 217p (at time of writing).
- Shares -31.1% from 2018 highs; +97.9% from 2018 lows; +19.9% year-to-date.
- Will the strong production update help the shares regain positive momentum?
- 16 Jan: GKP expects 2019 production of 32-38K barrels/day.
- 16 Jan: GKP reports average 31.6K barrewl/day production in 2018, at top end of 27-32K guidance
- 13 Dec: China oil majors reportedly eyeing Gulf Keystone’s flagship Kurdistan asset
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Gulf Keystone – An Example
Let’s say you think that Gulf Keystone is likely to rise as a result of this news. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Gulf Keystone using a CFD, at the current price of 217p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Gulf Keystone share price rises by 10% following the news. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Gulf Keystone shares fall 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.