Time to get involved?
Glencore reported Q3 copper production +12%
- The chart shows Glencore share price movements since July.
- Recent share price range: Sept lows 284p; Sept highs 341p.
- The current share price is 297p (at time of writing).
- Shares -21% from 2018 highs; +9% from 2018 lows; -10.6% year-to-date
- Glencore reported today that Q3 copper production +12% YoY due to restart of Katanga operations.
- FY production guidance unchanged, except for oil (natural field declines), but oil makes up a small portion of company’s portfolio.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires
Trading Glencore – An Example
Let’s say you think that Glencore share price is likely to rise as a result of this news. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Glencore using a CFD, at the current price of 297p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Glencore share price rises by 10% following the news. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 4% from the current price. Glencore shares fall back 4% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £400
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.