Time to get involved?
Genel Energy expects 2018 production ahead of guidance
- The chart shows Genel Energy share price movements since early July.
- The current share price is 253.7p (at time of writing).
- Shares -18.9% from 2018 highs; +132% from 2018 lows; 135.4% year-to-date
- Genel expects 2018 average net production slightly above guidance; exit rate production considerably higher;
- Expects record Q4 receipts and cash flow, costs below guidance, CAPEX at lower end of guidance
- 28 Aug: Canaccord says Genel outlook improving, upgrades to Buy, ups target to 320p (from 270p)
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires
Trading Genel – An Example
Let’s say you think that Genel is likely to rise as a result of this news. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Genel using a CFD, at the current price of 253.7p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Genel share price rises by 10% following the news. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Genel shares fall back 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.