Time to get involved?
Anglo American has upgraded its production guidance.
- The chart shows the Anglo American share price movements since mid-November.
- The current share price is 1652p (at time of writing).
- Shares -19.1% from 2018 highs; +9.8% from 2018 lows; +6.6% year-to-date.
- 11 Dec: Anglo American now expects production to be 2% above previous guidance
- Sees costs 5% below guidance; Production expected +3% in 2019, +5% in both 2020 and 2021
- Will the strong production update help the shares regain positive momentum?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Anglo American – An Example
Let’s say you think that Anglo American is likely to rise as a result of this news. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Anglo American using a CFD, at the current price of 1652p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Anglo American share price rises by 5% following the news. Your profit would be £500, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Anglo American shares fall back 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.