Time to get involved?
Acacia Mining Q1 Production report well received; shares +3% today
- 9 May: April gold production was 37% higher than Q1 average
- 7 May:Shares would get boost from resolving dispute says Peel Hunt
- Current share price 150p (at time of writing).
- Shares -43.9% from 2019 highs; +9.9% from 2019 lows; +17.9% year-to-date
- Will this production update help the shares recover further?
- Source: Dow Jones, Bloomberg, FT, Company News, AlphaTerminal
Trading Acacia Mining – An Example
Let’s say you think that Acacia is likely to rise further as a result of this news. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Acacia using a CFD, at the current price of 150p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Acacia share price rises by 10% following the news. Your profit would be £1,000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Acacia shares fall back 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.