Is this trend a good trading opportunity?
Will John Wood turn, or will it continue to rise to 595p (+22%)?
- Shares +27% from recent lows.
- Now trading 486p (at the time of writing).
- Will the positive momentum continue towards 595p (+22%)?
- Shares -19.8% from 2019 highs; +28.3% from 2019 lows; -3.7% year-to-date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading John Wood – An Example
Let’s say the trend appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of John Wood using a CFD, at the current price of 486p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the John Wood trend continues to 595p (+22%). Your profit would be £2200, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. John Wood falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.