This report is not a personal recommendation and does not take into account your personal circumstances or appetite for risk.
Accendo Press Quotes – Week Ending 8 June 2018
« Back to Category
Friday, 8 June
- ‘Faith in the strategy implemented has been waning, with big money spent on premiership football rights, buying back into mobile, a bulging pension deficit and an increasingly attractive dividend yield that has merely begged questions about its sustainability,’ said Mike van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets.
Thursday, 7 June
- “The longer they stay silent with a vague technical issue reason, the more curious people will be,” said Mike Van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets. “We want the blame to be apportioned to something or someone, we’d like to know exactly what it was and put it to bed. [However] the rest of the day was without incident. It was annoying but thankfully there was only one subsequent delay – they said 8.45am and then 9am.”
Wednesday, 6 June
This is Money
- Mike van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets, said: ‘Shares in WH Smith top the this morning, trading their best since early February, thanks to a well-received Q3 trading statement versus what it reported for the first six months in mid-April.
Tuesday, 5 June
- Markets took a wobble on political issues in Italy and Spain last week, but the bounce back has been firm, and markets are regaining their bullishness. That is according to Mike Van Dulken, Head of Research at Accendo Markets, who says that due to risk in southern Europe seeming to resolve sooner than expected, we could soon see the UK Index return to its all-time highs of a few weeks ago.
Monday, 4 June
London South East
- Artjom Hatsaturjants at Accendo Markets commented to clients that the UK 100 was rallying as investors were eager to make up for last week’s losses. “With political tensions in Italy and Spain resolved, and with US-North Korea summit preparations proceeding apace, traders have decided to get out on the right side of the bed, looking on the brighter side of trading life and eyeing the UK Index ‘s 22 May 7903 record high. That said, we note that many of the UK Index ‘s biggest drivers are large-cap defensives rather than genuine risk assets.”
This research is produced by Accendo Markets Limited.
Research produced and disseminated by Accendo Markets is classified as non-independent research,
and is therefore a marketing communication. This investment research has not been prepared in accordance
with legal requirements designed to promote its independence and it is not subject to the prohibition on
dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research. This research does not constitute a personal
recommendation or offer to enter into a transaction or an investment, and is produced and distributed for information purposes only.
Accendo Markets considers opinions and information contained within the research to be valid when published,
and gives no warranty as to the investments referred to in this material. The income from the investments referred to may go down as well as up,
and investors may realise losses on investments. The past performance of a particular investment is not necessarily a guide to its future performance.
Prepared by Michael van Dulken, Head of Research