This report is not a personal recommendation and does not take into account your personal circumstances or appetite for risk.
Accendo Press Quotes – Week Ending 25 May 2018
« Back to Category
Friday, 25 May
- Artjom Hatsaturjants, research analyst at Accendo Markets, said: “The stronger USD is already representing a headwind for safe haven yellow metal even with the revival of geopolitical concerns. Today’s news sees Centamin’s share price accelerate its retreat from recent highs, investors jumping ship amid a more uncertain outlook, sceptical about H2 production being able to make up for H1 shortfall.”
Thursday, 24 May
- “Calls for a flat open follow losses in Asia as car-markers reacted to President Trump ordering a national security investigation into the importation of car parts. This is on top of aggressive rhetoric from North Korea ahead of the June summit and China saying it has yet to agree to any trade figures with the US,” said Michael van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets.
Wednesday, 23 May
- “If Barclays has genuinely been looking into this … it makes sense for it to do it as a protective measure given that it is facing activist demands and we’ve seen them prove quite successful elsewhere,” Mike van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets, said.
- https://uk.reuters.com/article/britain-stocks/ms-a-bright-spot-as-big-oil-miners-knock-UK Index -off-record-high-idUKL5N1SU1ID
Tuesday, 22 May
London South East
- Mike van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets, said Inmarsat’s near-term guidance “may well be intact; the medium/long-term outlook may, however, require reappraisal”.
Monday, 21 May
- “Despite all this pessimism (zero H2 fare visibility), investors are taking the news in their stride. Perhaps because none of this is actually news: oil prices continue to rise and staff talks are ongoing,” said Artjom Hatsaturjants, research analyst at Accendo Markets.
This research is produced by Accendo Markets Limited.
Research produced and disseminated by Accendo Markets is classified as non-independent research,
and is therefore a marketing communication. This investment research has not been prepared in accordance
with legal requirements designed to promote its independence and it is not subject to the prohibition on
dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research. This research does not constitute a personal
recommendation or offer to enter into a transaction or an investment, and is produced and distributed for information purposes only.
Accendo Markets considers opinions and information contained within the research to be valid when published,
and gives no warranty as to the investments referred to in this material. The income from the investments referred to may go down as well as up,
and investors may realise losses on investments. The past performance of a particular investment is not necessarily a guide to its future performance.
Prepared by Michael van Dulken, Head of Research