This report is not a personal recommendation and does not take into account your personal circumstances or appetite for risk.
Accendo Press Quotes – Week Ending 20 July 2018
« Back to Category
Friday, 20 July
- Artjom Hatsaturjants, research analyst at Accendo Markets, says market sentiment has “soured” since Trump threatened to go ‘whole hog’ and impose tariffs on all $500B of Chinese imports to the US.
Thursday, 19 July
- Mike van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets, said: “Having itself only recently lost long-serving chief executive and architect of growth Martin Sorrell, WPP traders are understandably digesting this week’s sector news badly (shares down 2.3 per cent on Monday, three per cent on Tuesday, 3.3 per cent today), wondering about their own prospects amid a changing advertising landscape (more online, lower overall spending) and now what might lurk in their own first half results on 4 September.”
Wednesday, 18 July
- Artjom Hatsaturjants, analyst at Accendo Markets, called the new an “effective profit warning despite a broadly positive update”.
Tuesday, 17 July
- “What good is a cheap market if suppliers all go out of business?” commented Mike van Dulken, head of research as Accendo Markets, as quoted by City A.M. “There’s a balance between healthy competition, competitive pricing and longevity.”
Monday, 16 July
- Shares in Hargreaves Lansdown dropped 4 per cent in early trading. Analyst Artjom Hatsaturjants at Accendo Markets noted that HL is “far from the only company affected” but added that because it is the largest of the platforms available, it is also “the biggest target for potential new rules, and thus hurting the most on the UK 100 this morning”.
This research is produced by Accendo Markets Limited. Research produced and disseminated by Accendo Markets is classified as non-independent research, and is therefore a marketing communication. This investment research has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote its independence and it is not subject to the prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research. This research does not constitute a personal recommendation or offer to enter into a transaction or an investment, and is produced and distributed for information purposes only.
Accendo Markets considers opinions and information contained within the research to be valid when published, and gives no warranty as to the investments referred to in this material. The income from the investments referred to may go down as well as up, and investors may realise losses on investments. The past performance of a particular investment is not necessarily a guide to its future performance.
Prepared by Michael van Dulken, Head of Research